SUNBURY, OH – Dealernews has named Cycle Center of Denton, in Denton, TX, as its Dealer of the Year.
The multi-line dealership north of the Fort Worth metro area carries Aprilia, BMW Motorrad, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Polaris off-road, Polaris Slingshot and Suzuki vehicle brands.
Fun Bike Center Motorsports of Lakeland, FL, and Simply Street Bikes in Eden Prairie, MN, tied for first runner-up to the Dealer of the Year.
Second runner-up is Conrad’s Harley-Davidson in Shorewood, IL.
“These are four distinct dealerships making great strides in being ambassadors for the sport, the business, the industry and the rider lifestyle,” said Mary Green, vice president and general manager of Dealernews.
Cycle Center of Denton was named a Top 100 Dealer in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, and a Top 10 Dealer in 2012 and 2013. It also won a Consumer’s Choice Merit Award in the competition in 2012. After its one-year reign as Dealernews’ Dealer of the Year, Cycle Center of Denton will retire from the competition and will be named a Hall of Fame Dealer.
“We strive to be better and better, and hold ourselves accountable. That’s what this Dealernews competition has always been about. Y’all just made my day!” said Cycle Center of Denton co-owner Kenny Martin, when informed of the Dealer of the Year achievement. Martin owns Cycle Center of Denton with Randy Martin and Carlos Gonzalez, who is also general manager.
Prior to this year’s competition, Fun Bike Center Motorsports was a Top 100 Dealer for three years, 2009-12. Simply Street Bikes won in 2011 under its previous name, Simply Sport Bikes. Conrad’s Harley-Davidson has won five times, from 2010 through 2015, and received a Special Merit Award in 2015 for Best Store Promotion.
The Dealernews 25th Anniversary Top Dealer Awards is the industry’s longest running and most prestigious retail competition, recognizing motorcycle and powersports dealerships across the United States for their Commitment to the Customer. The Top Dealers in America were announced earlier today.
In past years, Dealernews would also recognize the Top 10 winning dealerships from the competition. However, in celebration of the 25th anniversary year, Dealernews is paying special tribute to the Top 25 Dealers in America. They are:
- Cycle Center of Denton, Denton, TX (Dealer of the Year)
- Fun Bike Center Motorsports, Lakeland, FL (First Runner-Up – tie)
- Simply Street Bikes, Eden Prairie, MN (First Runner-Up – tie)
- Conrad’s Harley-Davidson, Shorewood, IL (Second Runner-Up)
- Lakeside Motor Sports, Mecosta, MI
- Black Sheep Harley-Davidson (formerly Charlie’s Harley-Davidson), Huntington, WV
- Pioneer Motorsport Inc., Sardinia, NY
- Road Track and Trail LLC, Big Bend, WI
- Central Texas Powersports, Georgetown, TX
- Texas Harley-Davidson, Bedford, TX
- Babbitt’s Sports Center, Muskegon, MI
- Bud’s Harley-Davidson, Evansville, IN
- Hot Rod Harley-Davidson, Muskegon, MI
- Indian Motorcycle Charlotte, Lowell, NC
- Mad River Harley-Davidson, Sandusky, OH
- Harley-Davidson of Waco, Waco, TX
- Bob Weaver Motorsports & Marine Inc., North Tonawanda, NY
- Commonwealth PowerSports, Prince George, VA
- Ray Price Inc., Raleigh, NC
- Smokin’ Harley-Davidson, Winston-Salem, NC
- Cole Harley-Davidson, Bluefield, WV
- Select Cycle, Greensboro, NC
- Ride Now Powersports Concord / Indian Motorcycle Concord, Concord, NC
- Big St. Charles Motorsports Mall, St. Charles, MO
- Gene’s Gallery Inc., Springfield, MO
Dealernews will announce the winners of the category-specific IDEA Awards in August.