Dealernews Live at Dealer Expo® 2010
What is Dealernews Live?
Dealernews Live is the only peer-to-peer networking seminar offered at Dealer Expo. Seminars, moderated by industry experts and Dealernews columnists, are designed to bring retailers together in a round table discussion to focus on identifying solutions to their key business challenges. These interactive seminars give retailers a chance to voice their opinions and share their best practices. The topics are focused around Dealernews’ five pillars: Management, Sales, Service, Marketing and Display.
Why should I participate in Dealernews Live?
- It’s like visiting dozens of stores and interviewing owners and managers to learn their best practices
- It doesn't take weeks, it only takes 1 ½ hours per session
- No one knows more about your business than other owners and managers
- Get feedback from retailers just like you
- And best of all, sessions are free!
Still Not Convinced?
- Just one good idea can change performance from red to black
- Two good ideas could raise performance from mediocre to exceptional
- Three good ideas could make this a much better year than last
When & Where is Dealernews Live?
The Dealernews Live educational series of seminars will be hosted at the 2010 Dealer Expo and will repeat once a day over three days Friday, Saturday & Sunday. See the Seminar Schedule for times and locations!
Seminar Topics Designed to Drive Your Business
Various topics will be available over the three day period. Attendees will have the ability to select multiple topics of greatest importance in the following key categories:
- MANAGEMENT. Focusing on the strength of management in a dealership, discussing strategic business planning, tactical operation, department communication and employee management.
- SALES. A discussion for sales managers and professionals sharing incite on sales procedures, pricing, new models and products, sales promotions, sales training and more.
- SERVICE. Focusing on the elements and the professionals needed to build and sustain a profitable dealer service and repair operation from front to back.
- MARKETING. Up-to-date information and tips for marketing your powersports retail operation to attract more business (and keep the business you have).
- DISPLAY. Best practices for creating dynamic merchandising programs and displays that will sell (and upsell) your dealership’s products.
Maximizing Your Time
Seminars are approximately 1.5 hour sessions giving you ample time for introductions, roundtable discussions and group debriefings aided by moderators. Rooms will typically be open for 20 minutes following the seminar for further individual discussion and collaboration of best practices.
This year’s format will be more hands on and interactive with groups collectively following a roadmap for success to help them outline challenges and develop the best solutions or practices.
Groups are to be organized by type of Dealership (e.g. Franchised/Independent), allowing dealers to discuss challenges in similar business settings without conflict. As the challenges and solutions are presented, Moderators are available as needed to help interpret and find solutions.
Worksheets will be provided for attendees to take notes and work together to find answers to probing questions facing their business today to discover the following:
- Why is this challenge important to your business?
- How do you measure/track the impact of this challenge?
- What makes it worse? What makes it better?
- Who is most influential in managing/improving the challenge?
- By vote, what are the best 3-ideas to solve the challenge?
Dealernews is the Voice of Powersports Retailers and Dealernews Live is the place for your voice to be heard!