Get the Most - September Issue
In this issue we focus on why Education is so important at Dealer Expo® and how you can take advantage! Education can be found at every turn of the show. So how can you make the most of these educational opportunities? Let's first explore these opportunities and then discover how to maximize their potential when on show site. Remember, this education is free of charge with your access to the show.
There are two ways your business can gather education at Dealer Expo. First of all, close to a 1,000 company's exhibit and setup to answer your questions and explain the function/values of their products/services. The education offered just from walking the show is instrumental in your day to day decision making process, meeting new vendors and talking to existing vendors help you make the best decision for your business. Besides the educational piece of working the floor, Dealer Expo hosts a series of seminars you can attend covering a variety of topics most important to your business. This year we are hosting two really great Seminar components to our show.
All these great opportunities have value. Dealership University is a $100 course per seminar and Dealernews Live uses a $350 20 group format. Add those up and you'll see the seminars alone can pay for your trip out to Dealer Expo in 2010.
Dealership University at Dealer Expo®
Dealership University offers Instructor-Led Online Training, On-Site Workshops, Sales Department Daily Planners, Workbooks and over 70 powerful Online Courses! The online courses include training for Sales, Finance and Insurance, Parts and Accessories, Service and Product Knowledge courses for Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki! Dealer Expo and Dealership University have teamed up to offer power packed seminar sessions for the 2010 show. Here is your chance to catch these online based experts Rod and Tory in three exclusive-to-Dealer Expo topics focused on generating leads, converting to customers and measuring your results!
Dealernews Live at Dealer Expo®
Dealernews is the voice of the powersports industry, but that's coming from those who write in the magazine and gather information for business owners just like you. Have you ever wondered what other business owners or managers are talking about, what challenges they face, or even the solutions they are using to overcome those challenges? Nobody knows your business better than the people who run them. We all know there is always opportunity to learn and that's exactly what Dealernews Live is all about. Addressing everyday challenges powersports retailers face in a structured group discussion to discover the best practices for creating solutions to conquer those challenges.
So how can you best take advantage of these educational opportunities?
- Make sure you attend the seminars any information you can gather that helps you make better decisions is good information to have
- If you have employees or you are an employee, consider joining. The seminars are focused towards management but offer value to anybody who participates
- Divide and conquer sometimes sending different people to different topics can make sure you get all the sessions in without losing traction on meeting vendors
- The show is 4 days long stay an extra day if it means you can get more education (see item below)
- Consider the time vs. cost the seminars are free so if you spent any money on travel or hotel in coming to Dealer Expo, the value of these seminars offsets those expenses
- Take notes and bring them back to the dealership debriefing what you learned with others helps you explore ways to implement. (Some have even made phone calls right after the session to get things started before they leave the show)
- Plan ahead Explore all the times offered and work them into your schedule; you have a lot to do on the show floor but simple time management can make sure you don't miss out