Harley-Davidson today announced the 2010 Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Ultra Classic Electra Glide, a blacked-out version of the model that comes with a high-tech GPS. Production will be limited to about 999 units. Suggested retail is $36,499.
Each motorcycle, Harley says, is serialized from one to 999, and displays an array of blacked-out components, starting with the serialized CB pod insert.
The CVO Ultra also comes with a handlebar-mounted Road Tech Zūmo 660 GPS Navigator and an integrated automatic lock system that now includes the ignition knob.
The bike is powered by a black-and-chrome Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine and a six-speed Cruise Drive transmission. Besides the black powertrain, the bike has a Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate and Flame graphics base color, and about 185 other black parts, components and accessories.
Other features include Contrast Chrome Roulette wheels, the Rumble Collection featuring nine Gloss Black accessories from mirrors to saddlebag latch covers, black engine and saddlebag guards, and Diamond Black gauge faces.
Harley says the CVO Ultra presents a lower profile up front with a 6.5-inch smoked windshield and adds premium Touring features like an anti-lock braking system (ABS), LED saddlebag lights, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), a six-gallon fuel tank, Brembo brakes and a 160-watt CD/AM/FM/WB/MP3 Advanced Audio System by Harman-Kardon, CB and intercom, and passenger audio with controls, cruise control, plus standard XM Radio.
The CVO Ultra is built on the Touring chassis introduced by Harley-Davidson in 2009, based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swing arm specifically developed to suit the needs of long-haul touring rides.
Harley’s summary of key CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide features:
- Screamin’ Eagle black-and-chrome Twin Cam 110 engine rubber-mounted to the frame, rated at 115 ft. lbs. of torque at 3,750 rpm. The six-speed Cruise Drive transmission with black-and-chrome case features a helical-cut fifth gear.
- Developed for Harley-Davidson by Garmin, the Road Tech Zūmo 660 has a new mounting position for convenient viewing by both rider and passenger with a glove-friendly touch screen, left-handed controls and a bright, UV-resistant display that’s easy to read in sunlight.
- Gloss Black Rumble Collection featuring rider footboard inserts and pans, passenger footboard inserts and pans, shifter pegs, brake pedal, highway pegs, mirrors, windshield trim, saddlebag latch covers and heated hand grips with end caps.
- Contrast Chrome Roulette wheels, 17-inch front and 16-inch rear.
- Suspended, dual control heated leather seat with new perforated printed insert.
- Leather passenger backrest with adjustable lumbar support and new perforated, leather insert.
- New custom paint scheme is Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate with flame graphics.
Posted by Arlo Redwine