Thor’s 2011 collection is now in dealerships and on the Web at www.thormx.com, where you’ll find a downloadable PDF of the catalog.
Just one highlight of the collection is a new Phase kit emblazoned with the official Rockstar logos and colors. The jersey retails for $39.95 and features 100 percent polyester moisture-wicking micro-mesh construction; raglan sleeves for a no-bind fit; sublimated no-fade graphics; lightly padded elbows; and collar and cuffs shaped for less restriction. The pant retails for $99.95 and features 600D poly oxford construction for extended wear with a 500D Kordura seat panel for durability. It also has an adjustable waist closure; cuffless leg openings; Spandura stretch panels in key areas; leather inner knee panels; double- and triple-stitched seams; and a full-length sewn-in liner.
Matching the gear is a Quadrant Rockstar helmet retailing for $164.95. For the same price, customers can choose a Quadrant Pro Circuit helmet featuring the same Monster Energy graphic scheme as the team helmet — a perfect match, obviously, for Pro Circuit Phase gear.
The Quadrant also comes in a Bio graphic in four color combos, in solid matte black, and in a Vision “tonal” graphic. All retail for $159.95. The Quadrant is DOT- and ECE 22.05-compliant and features a dual-density expanded polystyrene liner, extensive venting, a molded roost guard, a plush removable liner, and blended ABS and polycarbonate shell construction.
In other Thor helmet news, Force helmets feature a new, improved visor attachment system. The model is used and endorsed by Chad Reed, Ryan Villopoto and Team Pro Circuit. It meets all AMA/FIM professional racing standards, and is DOT- and ECE 22.05-approved. The ventilated shell is made of a composite of fiberglass, Dyneema and Kevlar. The EPS material extends throughout chin bar for increased strength. The antibacterial, moisture-wicking SilverCool liner is removable and washable. Livewire and Hypnotic graphic models retail for $299.95, matte black and white solids for $279.95.
Returning this year is the Sentinel Protector. “The Sentinel is the most versatile, best-fitting, lightest roost protector we’ve ever built,” says the Thor catalog. “Weighing in at only 1.4 lbs., the Sentinel incorporates numerous vents and air channels for maximum ventilation. Designed for riders who are looking for roost coverage without the bulk and excess weight, the Sentinel is pure performance. We’ve included both the back strap and number plate with every Sentinel, so you’re ready to go racing right out of the box.” The protector fits most riders weighing 120 to 200 lbs. It’s available in solid colors for $89.95 and in flashier colors for $124.95.
Thor has somewhat simplified its colorway options for its main three jersey-and-pant combos.
- Flux gear comes in three designs compared to five last year.
- Core gear comes in 10 colorways compared to 12 last year (not counting last year’s three jersey-only replicas).
- Phase gear actually offers one more colorway than last year, with the Rockstar graphic bringing the total to eight.
Retail pricing is also simplified and mostly unchanged.
- Last year’s Flux prices ranged from $49.95 to $54.95 for the jersey and $164.95 to $169.95 for the pant. This year all Flux jerseys are $54.95 and all pants $169.95.
- Last year’s Core prices ranged from $49.95 to $65 for the jersey and $149.95 to $159.95 for the pant. This year all Core jerseys are $49.95 and all pants $149.95.
- Last year’s Phase prices ranged from $29.95 to $40 for the jersey and from $88 to $94.95 for the pant. This year they range from $29.95 to $39.95 for the jersey and $89.95 to $99.95 for the pant.
At roughly 150 pages, the 2011 catalog is about 30 pages shorter than last year’s.