In partnership with three of the country's top motorcycle builders, Allstate Insurance Co. has unveiled four custom motorcycles inspired by the company, one of which will be given away as the grand prize in a national sweepstakes. The unveiling reportedly marks the first-ever collaboration between legendary builders Arlen Ness, Rick Fairless and Dave Perewitz.
"These four beautiful and elaborate creations tell a unique story about our motorcycle product, industry innovations and rider advocacy efforts," said Keith Rutman, vice president of Allstate's Consumer Household unit. "All of these attributes, including safety, customization and advocacy, aim to make the world a better place to ride."
Each custom bike bears a unique theme that mirrors the distinguished styles of its builder.
"Rick, Dave and I have distinct differences in our styles," said Ness. "But in the end, we were able to come together with one goal in mind – the rider."
The bikes will be on display during Daytona Bike Week at the Allstate Rider Protection Zone at Daytona International Speedway. They then will travel to other major motorcycle rallies across the country during 2012, including:
- Leesburg Bikefest – Leesburg, Fla., April 26-29
- Laconia Motorcycle Week – Laconia, N.H., June 9-17
- Thunder in the Valley – Johnstown, Pa., June 21-24
- Roar on the Shore – Erie, Pa., July 12-14
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – Sturgis, S.D., Aug. 4-11
- Bikes, Blues & BBQ – Fayetteville, Ark., Sept. 26-Sept. 29
- Biketoberfest – Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 18-21
- Lone Star Rally – Galveston/Houston, Texas, Nov. 1-4
About the Bikes
- Arlen Ness' Custom Sweepstakes Motorcycle Arlen Ness' 2012 Victory Cross Country bike features Ness billet wheels, including a 23-inch front with matching brake rotors, modular billet and steel handlebars, fusion grips and pegs, deep cut floorboards, stainless-steel cables and a Ness front fender.
- About Arlen Ness' Custom Motorcycle This Ness design features a special digger style frame, 124-inch S&S engine, 26-inch wheels, handmade tank and fenders, retro controls and a Le Pera seat. The bike will also feature special Allstate messaging and icons promoting protection.
- About Rick Fairless' Custom Motorcycle The Fairless design features a Strokers Dallas "Pam" frame, 124-inch S&S polished engine, 120-spoke radial laced wheels, 1938 Chevy headlight and custom pegs, grips, seat and handlebars. The theme for Fairless bike will feature special messaging to promote Allstate's motorcycle awareness program called Once is Never Enough (ONE).
- About Dave Perewitz' Custom Motorcycle The Perewitz motorcycle is a custom Road Glide featuring a 95-inch twin cam motor, stretched tank and dash with a raked and stretched frame, Kicker sound system, Danny Gray seat and artwork by Keith Hanson. Included with the bike is a new iPad with the GoodRide by Allstate app.
Press release posted by Holly Wagner
Like Dealernews’ Facebook page: