PICKERINGTON, Ohio - Motocross racers in the Deep South wanting more opportunities to compete received a holiday gift from the AMA, which announced that the new sanctioned Warrior Race Series will feature seven rounds of competition in Louisiana and Mississippi.
"We're pleased to welcome this new series to the calendar," said AMA Motocross Manager Kip Bigelow. "The series promoter demonstrated their commitment to the area's racers and the mission of the AMA with a well-done recreational event last fall, the Louisiana MX Fest. We're eager to see that excitement continue over what promises to be a fun spring series."
Like the Sept. 14 Louisiana MX Fest, which drew 2,500 people to Kentwood, La.'s Wildwood MX, the 2014 AMA Warrior Race Series will raise funds for Warriors for Freedom, a non-profit organization that supports active-duty service men and women and military veterans.
"I hope our end product is a quality race series that will raise veteran awareness and promote motocross in Louisiana and Mississippi," said Kristen Carmouche, Louisiana director of Warriors for Freedom. "Riders can expect not just a good time at the track with quality competition, but also organization and fairness. We will have online registration, a $2,000 pro purse, and great products to raffle."
The full schedule is below.
2014 AMA Warrior Race Series
- Round 1: Jan. 5 - Wildwood MX, Kentwood, La.
- Round 2: Jan. 26 - Full Throttle MX, Loranger, La.
- Round 3: Feb. 16 - Desoto Motorsport Park, Grand Cane, La.
- Round 4: March 9 - Down South MX, New Iberia, La.
- Round 5: March 23 - Area 751, Paincoutville, La.
- Round 6: April 27 - Spring Creek, Ponchatoula, La.
- Round 7: May 25 - Golden Pine Raceway, Prentiss, Miss.
For more information, see www.warriorraceseries.com.