NEW YORK, N.Y. - Aprilia has unveiled the 2013 RSV4 Factory APRC ABS SBK Special Edition race replica exclusively for North America, in honor of the model’s winning the 2012 World Superbike Championship.
The bike will be available in April at U.S. and Canadian dealerships. Aprilia will announce pricing Feb. 1.
“Here at Aprilia USA we’ve been clamoring for a race replica version for some time, and now we’ve got it,” said Michael Fiduk of Piaggio Group Americas.
Model highlights, according to Aprilia, include:
- Bosch 3 level ABS
- New Brembo M430 front calipers and front brake master cylinder
- Refined Aprilia Traction Control and map 1 Aprilia Wheelie Control for racing use
- Revised engine positioning inside the chassis to ensure proper weight distribution
- Increased-performance exhaust
- Optimized engine: friction reduction and improved crankcase ventilation
- New 200/55-17 rear tire, now also available on the 2013 RSV4 R APRC ABS
- Redesigned fuel tank taken directly from the SBK RSV4 race machines
- Improved feeling during braking and in the corners
- Increased fuel capacity (4.8 gallons/18.5 liters)
- Improved ergonomics
- Lower rider seat height (down 0.19 inch/5 mm)
- New satin headlight finish
For additional details and photos, visit the Aprilia Americas Facebook page.
Posted by Arlo Redwine. Photo courtesy of Aprilia USA.