DEALER F&I departments are reporting greater difficulty in obtaining manageable loans for higher risk customers, and skyrocketing food, fuel, and other living costs allow fewer funds to be earmarked for vehicle-related purchases by customers who've previously had a greater amount of discretionary income.
Below, we've provided information regarding some of the consumer finance promotions offered by vehicle manufacturers and in-house or third-party finance providers.
Do these OEM-backed consumer incentives add sizzle to your summer selling season, or do they fall flat in this current economic climate? If you'd like, send an e-mail with your thoughts to email@example.com.
Arctic Cat is beckoning consumers to buy a new 2007, 2008 or 2009 ATV and receive a two-year limited warranty or free 3,000-lb. winch and 8.9% financing for 60 months. Plus, there's a rebate of up to $400 on '07 and '08 models.
The offer excludes the Arctic Cat 50, 90, DVX, Prowler and Special Services models. As is typical, the 8.9% financing for a term up to 60 months is subject to credit approval — not all applicants will qualify for credit. The two-year limited warranty includes six-month factory warranty and an 18-month extended service contract; the free winch offer excludes the 700 H1 MudPro and Limited Edition models.
From now until July 31, there are two basic ways for consumers to save on seven select 2008 BMW bikes: 1) get $500-$750 rebate off the list price on every bike, or 2) choose from a variety of accessories. Here's the lowdown on the various offers for each bike:
- 2008 F 800 ST …$500 customer rebate or $500 in BMW Accessories.
- 2008 G 650 Xcountry …$500 customer rebate or free topcase, rack and fittings.
- 2009 G 650 Xcountry …$350 customer rebate or $350 in BMW Accessories.
- 2008 R 1200 R …$650 customer rebate or free panniers with lockset.
- 2008 R 1200 RT …$750 customer rebate or $750 in BMW Accessories.
- 2008 K 1200 R …$750 customer rebate or free Laser silencer.
- 2008 K 1200 S …$750 customer rebate or free Laser silencer.
- 2008 K 1200 GT …$750 customer rebate or free 49L topcase with lock.
Ducati North America is marketing a financing program for 2008 Hypermotard 1100, Hypermotard 1100 S or 1098 Superbike purchased on a GE Money Ducati card account through July 31.
Ducati is marketing "rates as low as" 1.99% for 36 months, or the Hypermotard for $199 a month for 72 months and the 1098 Superbike for $269 a month for 72 months. (Continued)