LONDON, U.K. - Bonhams will auction a collection of rare and limited edition Japanese, British and Italian motorcycles at the Bonhams October Stafford Sale at The Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show Oct. 21.
“We anticipate a total entry of around 180 machines for our bi-annual sale at Stafford held in conjunction with The Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show, which is one of the most important sales that takes place during the year and the barometer for values and prices,” said Ben Walker, Head of the Motorcycle Department at Bonhams.
Among the rare bikes is a 2002 Yamaha 750cc YZF-R7 (also known as the OW-02), one of only 500 of this production racer built to meet the homologation requirements of the World Superbike Championship. Unused and unregistered (but with DVLA entitlement to the appropriate number plate: ‘OW02 YAM’), it is expected to bring between £12,000 ($19,466) and £14,000 ($22,711).
Other highlights from the collection are:
- A limited edition 1999 Honda TT100 Fireblade Evolution
- A 2002 Honda SP-1 Joey Dunlop commemorative model
- A 2005 Bimota YB11
- A 1994 Ducati 916SPS Fogarty Replica
- A 1978 Honda CBX1000
- A 2000 Yoshimura Suzuki GSXR1300R Hayabusa X-1 Suzuka 8-Hour Replica
- A 1999 Honda CBR1200XX Super Blackbird 50th Anniversary model
- A 2000 Bimota SBR6
- The ex-Holeshot Racing, Jarrod Frost, British Land Speed Record 1999 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa
The collection was assembled by Gloucester-based dentist and motorcycle enthusiast, the late Evan Aled Jenkins, who died last year.
Posted by Holly Wagner