"We're proud to support the efforts of our Buell dealer teams and privateer racers through our contingency program as well as trackside technical and parts support at select national events," said Erik Buell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer of Buell Motorcycle Company. "And we're excited to expand the program by including more classes and two more racing organizations, CRA and AHDRA."
The 2008 Buell contingency program will reward Buell racers competing on 2008 1125R motorcycles as well as 2003 and newer XB and XBRR model motorcycles. Buell cash contingencies will be posted in the following racing series and classes:
- American Motorcyclist Association (AMA): Formula Xtreme
- SunTrust MOTO-ST Series: SuperSport Twins and GrandSport Twins.
- American Sportbike Racing Association Pro (ASRA Pro): Superstock, Superbike and Thunderbike classes.
- Western Eastern Racers Association (WERA) National Challenge Sprints: Formula 1 Expert and Heavyweight Twins Superstock Expert.
- American Federation of Motorcyclists (AFM): Formula Twins Open Expert class.
- Willow Springs Motorcycle Club (WSMC): Formula Twins Heavyweight Expert, BOTT Heavyweight Expert and BOTT Middleweight Expert classes.
- Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association (WMRRA): Open Grand Prix Twins Expert and Formula Thunder Expert classes.
- American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association (AHRMA): Sound of Thunder, BOT F1 and BOT F2 classes.
- Championship Cup Series (CCS): Heavyweight Superbike Expert, SuperTwins Expert and Amateur and Thunderbike Expert and Amateur classes.
- Central Roadracing Association (CRA): Super Twins Expert and Lightweight Superbike Expert classes.
- All Harley Drag Racing Association (AHDRA): Hot Street class. Complete details of the 2008 Buell contingency program, including the racer registration form, are available at www.buell.com in the Racing Support Section. The program begins with races on or after February 1, 2008.