GREGG ALLMAN HAS been announced as the headliner for the 24th Annual Love Ride at California Bike Week, a three-day event that moves this year to the Fairplex in Pomona, Calif.
The event runs Nov. 9-11 and wraps up with the Love Ride, featuring Grand Marshall Jay Leno. The event will feature:
- California Bike Week/Love Ride auction in conjunction with Bonhams & Butterfields Nov. 9 at the Petersen Automotive Museum (featuring artifacts of the Von Dutch collection)
- All Harley-Davidson Drag Racing Association (AHDRA) racing on the famous NHRA drag strip, Friday and Saturday
- Debut of The Pacific Coast Nationals flat track races Saturday night, featuring the Harley-Davidson Wrecking Crew and notable racers; open to all pro-level competitors, American and metric; produced by flat track racer Gene Romero
- Exhibitions by the Victor McLaglen Motor Corps Stunt Team
- Freestyle stunt demonstrations by Jason Pullen
- Demo rides provided by the top major manufacturers
- Enthusiast trade show with hundreds of quality vendors, including the interactive Harley-Davidson Village and traveling museum
- Love Ride and concert benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Reading by 9 and Cure Autism Now
- Complimentary barbecue for Love Riders
Says Love Ride founder and owner of Glendale Harley-Davidson/Buell Oliver Shokouh, "We certainly owe much of the success of the Love Ride to Castaic Lake and the wonderful residents there, but because of that very reason the event outgrew the facility and had to look at options. California Bike Week and the Fairplex offered the room we needed, and the bigger the party, the more money we can raise for charity and that?s really what the Love Ride is all about."