FORT MILL, S.C. - Continental Tire is recalling about 9,000 120/70 ZR 17 and 120/70 R17 motorcycle tires in the U.S. and Canada, and 170,000 tires worldwide.
"Market feedback indicates that some of these tires have exhibited a condition in the tread and/or belt which may lead to separation and possible air loss," the manufacturer announced. The company said it has not received any reports of accidents or injuries related to the condition.
The affected tires were sold as OEM and replacement worldwide between 2007 and 2014. The tires with their DOT serial numbers are as follows:
- 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W TL ContiSportAttack - CP8B 1008 to 2614
- 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W TL ContiSportAttack 2 - CP8B B5M4 2811 to 2614
- 120/70R17 M/C 58H TL ContiAttack SM - CP8B BXM9 1011 to 2614
- 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W TL ContiRaceAttack Comp. Soft - CP8B B5M1 1907 to 2614
- 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W TL ContiRaceAttack Comp. Medium - CP8B B5M1 2307 to 2614
- 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W TL ContiRaceAttack Comp. Endurance - CP8B 918B 3011 to 2614
- 120/70ZR17 M/C 58W TL ContiRoadAttack 2 GTW - CP8B 91E9 2513 to 2614
Consumers are being directed to Continental's website for more information.