What this means is that dealers will no longer need to run a half-mile in order to compare helmet brands, oils, or makes of off-road tires, before finalizing their orders. The Marketplaces will enable them to evaluate products and services in the same category, all at once.
Marketplaces planned for February’s show, along with just some of the exhibitors already signed up, include:
- Gear & Apparel – jackets, pants, boots, gloves, jerseys, racing suits, casual apparel and more from the likes of Motonation, Scott, Specialty Sports, Hot Leathers, Gerbing’s, Held and Schampa
- Racing & Performance – everything for the racing and sportbike markets from Rush, L.A. Sleeve, Brocks, Supertrapp, Lockhart Phillips and Dynojet, among others
- ATV/UTV/Dirt – this one’s so large it’s basically a show within a show, featuring aftermarket parts and accessories (and even new vehicles) for quads and off-road motorcycles from Warn, Swisher, UFO, Kolpin, Slednecks, KTM, Leatt, MAG, Gas Gas and others
- Parts & Maintenance – replacement parts for vehicles (basically everything you look for in the Dealernews Buyers Guide will be there…) from the likes of Bike Alert, NGK, Accel, Lucas Oil, Koso, Rebel Gears, Motul, DID and others
- Business Services – software, financial services, credit card services, e-commerce offerings and more from 50 Below, ADP Lightspeed, World of Powersports, C-Systems, eBay, American Express OPEN, the auction houses and more
- Helmets – lids and accessories featuring the latest from Bell, AFX, HJC, Helmet House, V-Can, Castle Sales, KBC, Arai and others
- Scooter –parts, accessories and even new models from Genuine Scooter, Puma and PartsForScooters.com
- Cruiser – featuring such marquee names as Arlen Ness, Big Dog and Carroll Leather
- Vehicles – new rides from Big Muddy, Qlink, Titan, Roketa, and others
- Electronics – featuring Custom Dynamics, Powerlet, F2P Technologies and other electronics vendors
- Tire & Wheel - It’s a tire and wheel-a-palooza in this big Marketplace, featuring Maxxis, Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli, DNA, ITP, Avon, Kenda, Baja and more
- Tools & Equipment – if you lose your service manager during the weekend, you'll probably find him (or her) here. This Marketplace consolidates all of the hand tools, diagnostics, tool storage systems and more from Park Tool, Land & Sea, Lincoln Electric, Superflow, AirFX and others.
Of course, the big distributors, along with Italy and China, will have their own pavilions, and there are several companies exhibiting in general areas that "glue" the Marketplaces together. The Marketplaces themselves will be built with attendee “hubs” where dealers can see fashion shows (in the Apparel & Gear Marketplace) or view product demos.
“Fully integrated marketplaces and a new, easy to navigate, show floor make it easier than ever to quickly find everything you need to research, price compare and buy products,” said Janina Quintana, marketing manager at Advanstar Communications, parent of Dealer Expo and Dealernews.
Dealers will be able to go directly to the product and lifestyle marketplaces they’re interested in, and then have plenty of time to browse the show floor to pick up new product lines, added Mike McClelland, marketing director at Advanstar.
Show organizers are urging registered dealers to start perusing the floor plan with the Map Your Show online application, available at www.dealerexpo.com.
Dealer Expo will be held Friday, Feb. 18, through Sunday, Feb. 20, in the newly expanded Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.