ORGANIZERS OF THE 65th edition of the Milan International Motorcycle and Bicycle Exhibition (EICMA) asked CSM International to conduct a survey among attendees and exhibitors to assess their degree of satisfaction with EICMA 2007.
According to the recently released findings:
- 91% of the interviewees intend to visit the Milan Show again in 2008, with 51% claiming they will "certainly" attend and 40% claiming they would "almost certainly" attend.
- 68% of the interviewees thought that no improvement was needed to the event.
- 12% of the interviewees said they would have liked more information.
- 9% of the interviewees said they wanted better logistics.
- 22% of the interviewees had visited EICMA for the first time.
- 22% of the interviewees had visited the Show more than five times.
- 52% of the interviewees had visited the EICMA website.
- 87% of the exhibitors who displayed at the show said they are planning to return to EICMA in 2008.
- 26% of the foreign exhibitors attended for the first time in 2007.
- 12% of the Italian exhibitors attended for the first time in 2007.
Asked to score the event on a scale from 1 to 10, the attending general public scored the event a 7.95; Italian exhibitors scored the event a 7.67, and foreign exhibitors scored the event an 8.05.
EICMA is operated by EICMA SpA, a company owned by Confindustria ANCMA (the Association of Italian manufacturers of bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, components and accessories). EICMA SpA says an estimated 535,000 people attended EICMA 2007, up from roughly 530,000 people in 2006 and 500,000 visitors in 2005. The event featured 1,515 motorcycle-related companies from 39 countries showcasing product within 740,912 sq. ft. of exhibition space in ten halls.
EICMA 2008 is scheduled for November 4-9.