SAN FRANCISCO - Esurance has started offering powersports insurance in Illinois., offering coverage for motorcycles, scooters, dirt bikes, snowmobiles and other vehicles.
A motorcycle insurance policy from Esurance typically includes:
- $3,000 worth of optional or added equipment coverage that's automatically included in the comprehensive and collision coverage;
- An option that pays either the manufacturer's suggested retail price of a current model year motorcycle or the same make and model if it is declared a total loss;
- Trip interruption coverage to help stranded riders face unforeseen expenses like lodging, transportation, and food in the event of an accident or mechanical breakdown;
- Up to $100 of roadside assistance coverage each time a customer needs their bike towed to the nearest qualified repair shop;
- Protection for riding apparel and helmets if they're damaged in a covered collision loss; and
- A multi-policy discount, a safety course discount, and other discounts that can reduce premiums.
Illinois riders who choose Esurance will also have access to interactive online tools and technology designed to make the insurance process easier, the company said.
Posted by Holly Wagner