When we last left Marisa Miller and Harley-Davidson, the supermodel was stretched out across the Motor Co.'s 2009 V-Rod Muscle as part of a nationwide ad campaign for the new bike.
Now, Miller and H-D will team up again as part of the Military Appreciation Month campaign, the motorcycle company's salute to active and retired U.S. military personnel that runs through November.
Miller will be featured alongside Harley-Davidson motorcycles in military-themed print and digital ads, posters, postcards and calendars. You may remember Miller from these ads back in 2008.
"I'm honored to help the Motor Company salute the brave men and women who keep our country free," said Miller. "My grandfather is a veteran, and I've had the unique opportunity to meet several service men and women during recent USO tours, so the military holds a special place in my heart. I hope other Americans will join me and Harley-Davidson in saluting these real life heroes during the month of November."
The Military Appreciation Month campaign pays tribute to nostalgic military imagery through photorealism. The ads and other creative materials feature Miller wearing uniforms representing all five branches of the military next to military-styled Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
The campaign will be featured in a number of mediums, including:
- Advertorials in service branch magazines
- Print ads in several national publications
- Banner advertising
- Exclusive posters, postcards and calendars available at local Harley-Davidson dealerships throughout the U.S.
- A special section of the Harley-Davidson website where you can create an electronic postcard with artwork of Miller and Harley-Davidson motorcycles along with a personal message of gratitude that you can send to an active or retired member of the U.S. military
- A promotion with Maxim magazine that will offer the opportunity for one active or retired military personnel member to win a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle that will be personally delivered by Miller