Harley-Davidson dealerships around the world are celebrating Women Riders Month by hosting rides and parties that honor women riders. "We know thousands of women around the world have been thinking about embracing motorcycling, but have never twisted the throttle of their own Harley," says Leslie Prevish, women's outreach manager for Harley-Davidson. "Women Riders Month aims to open the door for these new riders to take that first step toward experiencing this exhilarating sport for themselves, as well as celebrate the thousands of women who've already taken life by the handlebars."
Harley calls women riders home. As part of Women Riders Month, women from around the world will join together May 22-23 in Milwaukee for a series of activities at the Harley-Davidson Museum. The two-day event is open to the public and to all brands of motorcycles. Activities include:
- Group Ride and Downtown Street Party: On Saturday, May 22, ride alongside hundreds of other motorcyclists celebrating women riders. The Group Ride will start at the Summerfest Grounds and finish at a downtown street party, featuring live music, food and more motorcycle fun. Women and men interested in joining the group ride can register at www.harley-davidson.com/womenriders.
- Several businesses in the Milwaukee area are offering special discounts and deals for registered participants.
- Motorcycle Demos: Take one of the new 2010 Harley-Davidson models out for a test ride.
- Thrill of the Throttle Ride: Not a rider yet? Hop on a stationary Harley to get the feel of a V-Twin and shift through the gears. No motorcycle license required.
- Interactive Seminars: Attend a seminar to learn about health/wellness, self-defense, yoga, bicycle fitment, the proper way to pick up a dropped motorcycle, and more.
- Fashion Show: Featuring Milwaukee firemen as runway escorts, see the latest in Harley-Davidson fashions including the Pink Label Collection – gear and apparel in which a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength.
- Bike Blessing: Get your motorcycle blessed for the ride home.
- T-CLOC Pre-ride Inspection: Have a Harley-Davidson motorcycle expert help you check your bike for spring riding.
The hometown celebration continues with the Wisconsin Products Passport Ride on Saturday and Sunday, featuring several stops throughout the city of Milwaukee and surrounding areas. Riders will hit up unique places and sample the local fare to enter to win prizes, including a special Pink Label Collection leather jacket.
For more details and to register for the Women Riders Month 2010 event, visit www.harley-davidson.com/womenriders. Registration is $35 until May 16. After May 16, the registration package can be purchased online or onsite at the H-D Museum for $45; it includes a commemorative charm, free admission to the H-D Museum, participation in the Milwaukee Group Ride and the Wisconsin Products Passport Ride, and local merchant discounts worldwide.
Milwaukee isn't the only city celebrating Women Riders Month. Harley-Davidson dealers around the world as far away as Aruba and Korea are celebrating in May by hosting women's rides, activities and parties on behalf of women riders, according to The Motor Co..
Women interested in learning more about riding, or those interested in celebrating the camaraderie of the sport can head to their local Harley-Davidson dealership. To find the details on Women Riders Month activities in your area, check out the Women's Event Calendar at www.harley-davidson.com/womenriders.
Posted by Mary Slepicka