MILWAUKEE, Wis. — Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories offers up five suggestions for holiday inventory — from stocking stuffers to under-the-tree gifts. The products was unveiled at The Motor Co’s dealer meeting in August.
The BOOM! Audio premium half-helmet headset (MSRP $149.95) for touring models 1998 and up allows users full music and communication functions while donning their half-helmets, the company said. The headset features a lightweight pivoting neck band that fits below the shell of most half-lids, and over-the-ear hooks that help keep speakers in place. Foam-covered, on-ear stereo headphone cups reduce wind noise but do not block the noises from surrounding traffic, while a quick-disconnect plug allows riders to step away from the bike without removing the headset.
An adjustable boom microphone with attached wind sock is best used with Harley intercom and bike-to-bike communications systems, the company noted. The headset comes with a zippered storage case.
The Harley tail bag (MSRP $169.95) is made of UV-resistant ballistic nylon, and has two exterior side pockets, a large opening up top for easy access, an integrated rain cover and an oversized handle. It measures 16x16x10 inches.
Inside, a covered reinforced tub helps the bag keep its shape. Each bag is finished with 3M Scotchlite reflective trim for nighttime visibility.
The bag is secured onto the passenger pillion with quick-release straps, and it also can be used with an optional clip-on rider backrest and shoulder strap.
The oil change accessory kit (MSRP $59.95) features:
- A low-profile oil drain pan, which holds 10 quarts of oil and has a raised hardware corral, filter drain surface, and pressure vent hole,
- An oil-absorbent work station mat,
- An endcap oil filter wrench, which reportedly grips the filter without crushing the canister, and
- A transmission/crankcase filler funnel, which can fit into tight spaces.
The Harley Detail & Protect Kit (MSRP $54.95) includes the company’s:
- Glaze Poly Sealant, which protects against fading and oxidizing,
- Gloss Detailer spray, which offers UV protection in a high-gloss finish that’s safe to use on paint, chrome, vinyl, plastic and windshields,
- Chrome Clean & Shine non-abrasive cleaner for chrome,
- Scratch & Swirl Repair cream, which reportedly removes fine scratches from gloss paint,
- Disposable detailing soft cloths, which minimize lint in use,
- A Microfiber detailing cloth that is washable and made for wet or dry detailing, cleaning or buffing surfaces, and
- Detailing Swabs, which have eight-inch shafts for hard-to-reach areas.
Finally, the Harley rider briefcase (MSRP $249.95) is made of leather and vinyl, and holds most 17-inch laptops. It features an oversized handle, non-slip shoulder strap and zipper pulls that are glove-friendly. Its messenger flap has concealed quick-release snaps as well as straps and buckles.
Inside, there’s a zippered front pouch with a cellphone pocket and key ring and pen loops, another interior zippered pocket and business card holders. The main laptop compartment is padded with a tablet pocket and storage for documents. The briefcase also will fit into the hard saddlebags on Harley tourers.
The Motor Co. has built a Wish List feature on its website where registered users can post their most-wanted items and share the list online, via email or print.