NEW YORK, N.Y. - Husqvarna unveiled today at the New York City stop of the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows a new concept model. The Concept Baja trek-touring design, the company said, combines “timeless style, bold innovation and dual-purpose capability.”
“The distinct retro flair of the golden age of motorcycling is one that only Husqvarna can genuinely embody. The Husky marque is the definitive emblem of an era, and one that continues to symbolize bold innovation, classic design and timeless passion. Husqvarna’s distinctive 1970s vibe is revisited in the Concept Baja — where vintage meets technology, and legendary style is redefined," the company said.
“Vintage allure isn’t all this trek-touring design has to offer; performance is what makes the Concept Baja truly exceptional. Ideal for the casual rider as well as the committed enthusiast, The Baja will continue the trek well after the pavement ends,” Husqvarna noted.
Concept Baja specifications are as follows:
- 650cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine
- Five-speed wide-ration transmission
- Electronic fuel injection
- Brembo disc brakes
- Perimeter frame with progressive linkage swingarm
- Wheels: 19-inch front, 17-inch rear with intermediate-knobby tires
- Innovative LED crossbar instrument display
- Approachable seat height and layout suits wide spectrum of riders
Husqvarna press release posted by Arlo Redwine
Like Dealernews’ Facebook page: