In partnership with recruiting firm Lonski & Associates, Dealernews presents the Powersports Job of the Week for Feb. 18, 2013.
Please contact www.henrylonski.com for more information. -- The Editors
INDIALANTIC. Fla. - Lonski & Associates, a powersports industry national recruiting firm headquartered in Florida, announces an opening for a General Manager of Factory Operations for an exhaust systems company.
This is a full-time position located in California. The posted salary is $150,000 annually, plus additional compensation and benefits, according to the firm.
Additional info from Lonski & Associates:
"In this role, the GM Factory Operations is responsible for ensuring that all employees are in conformance to the company quality system and high work standards to ensure that all activities meet or exceed business goals. Demonstrate and communicate the companies principles by meeting customer expectations, adhering to the company process/procedures, safety standards, and service metrics through personal, hands-on leadership in all of the above areas. The GM Operations is directly responsible and accountable to lead and manage all employees in the Plant to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Asset Management: maximize efficiency and ensure that all preventive maintenance is completed.
- Auditing & Compliance: audit work processes and ensure that all work teams and results meet customer, and regulatory requirements
- Schedules inbound materials, labor, production and finished product deliveries based on sales demands. Confirms deliveries with customers on a regular basis.
- Supervises 30 manufacturing personnel.
- Effectively and professionally communicates interdepartmentally with the sales department, customers and corporate personnel. Communicates operational issues to additional management on a timely basis.
- Manages the quality of the product being distributed, produced and sold. Works directly with Quality personnel to comply with the ISO program.
- Manages inventory levels to control cost and maintain efficient levels of product as needed. (Current production is 150,000+ units annually.)
- Manages shipping/freight costs.
- Manages the safety of the facility and equipment, and assures a safe working environment, at all times, for all employees.
- Hires and evaluates personnel to include recruitment, training, annual performance appraisals and administers the progressive disciplinary process when needed.
- Responsible for all plant personnel training by both company and ISO standards.
- Reports any work related accident, injury or near-miss to the corporate safety Department.
- Motivates plant personnel and maintains a high level of morality. Demonstrates and promotes positive customer relations both internally and externally.
- Delegate/Support: Uses effective delegation skills within work teams and supports overall business/operational goals.
- Financial Accountability: Responsible for overall plant profitability. Understands key goals and uses financial tools to achieve profit and cost targets."
The position requires a minimum Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Business Management or equivalent, plus five years of previous operations management experience, according to Lonski. Candidates also must possess working knowledge of Windchill and Pro E technologies, PC software and Open Systems, which is used for billing, accounts payable and other forms.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of budgeting/financial principles and demonstrate an ability to meet key goals; specific HR resource skills such as hiring, evaluating, developing, disciplining and terminating employees; and key leadership skills, including an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve processes and business goals.
Lonski and Associates offers a referral bonus. "Whenever you refer someone to us that we place, we will send you a check up to $1,000 as a referral bonus. Please make sure the person you refer mentions your name so you can get credit for the referral. Or send the person's contact info and we will contact the person directly," said Jay Wadzinski, a recruiter with Lonski and Associates that is handling this particular posting.
Wadzinski may be contacted at 321-327-7619, or by email at email@example.com.