In an editorial partnership with recruiting firm Lonski and Associates, Dealernews presents the Job Opening of the Week for July 15-19, 2013. For more information, visit www.henrylonski.com
INDIALANTIC, Fla. - Recruiters at Lonski and Associates announce that a dealer group in the Midwest is looking for a new operations manager. The operations manager would be responsible for overseeing sales, business office, management, customer service, promotions and service department operations.
Specific duties include the following:
- Sales - Oversee and manage all operations of new and pre-owned vehicles; ensure department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit; manage training; determine sales quotas; oversee sales, trade-ins and delivery of new and used vehicles; maintain a sales/vehicle history log book; create sales forecasts; initiate and maintain inventory control in accordance with net profit objectives; initiate procedures for warranty items; and maintain the showroom.
- Business Office - Direct activities for F&I and extended service programs; cross-sell P&A and ready-to-ride products; employ responsible accounting systems; manage training; oversee submission and management of paperwork, handle rate quotes; and create financial forecasts;
- Management - Establish work schedules; manage training; set policies and procedures for all departments; monitor performance; assist with hiring and other personnel issues; maintain sales follow-up programs; manage revenue and expense objectives; develop promo campaigns with other departments; ensure 100 percent turnover ratio to the business manager or F&I department.
- Customer Service - Handle phone and in-person transactions; ensure customers are qualified for purchases; institute feature/benefit selling methodology; ensure cross-sales of P&A, general merchandise and other products and services; develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for sales, trade-ins and purchases; demonstrate commitment to quality service and be a role model for other employees; establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed; and handle customer complaints and demonstrate dealership's commitment to "make things right."
- Promotions - Plan and execute "exceptional" promotions to bring new and existing customers into the dealership regularly; and coordinate promotions with other departments.
Candidates must be available for flexible scheduling, and should be current with all department training by reviewing ProSell and PACE tapes, among other programs, Jay Wadzinski, recruiter for Lonski and Associates, said. Candidates should have three to five years of progressive experience with a motor vehicle dealership, preferably motorcycles.
For more information, contact Wadzinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 321-327-7619.