In an editorial partnership with powersports recruiting firm Lonski and Associates, Dealernews presents the Job Opening of the Week for July 29-Aug. 2.
INDIALANTIC, Fla. - An online PG&A retailer is looking for a "serious dirtbike enthusiast" to manage and grow its off-road business, recruiters at Lonski and Associates report. The Off-Road Segment Manager will be the head buyer, merchandiser and online product catalog manager for this business area, they said.
Although the employer was not identified, recruiters said the position will be based at the company's "world HQ in a major Eastern Atlantic metro area."
"This is a mid- to top-level executive leadership position with a serious compensation package to match," said Jan Plessner, recruiter. Ideal candidates must have experience with ecommerce and the powersports industry and "a love for the dirt," she said. "Super qualified candidates only, please," she advised.
The Off-Road Segment manager will, among other duties:
- Maintain online product catalog listings and manage new product releases;
- Research and suggest potential product lines and categories of expansion based on brand strength, reach, profitability and positioning against other product lines;
- Manage vendor and prospect relationships;
- Manage inventory levels and forecasts;
- Evaluate and execute on-sale "closeout" opportunities;
- Assist in training and hiring customer service staff to maintain support for the company's off-road client base; and
- Work with marketing to develop a plan that incorporates the overall market segmentation model and priorities within it, the value proposition within the segment, routes to market and other factors.
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience, two to four years of experience as a buyer or product manager; the ability to coach, mentor and manage staff; a passion for dirtbikes; a high level of comfort with technology and ecommerce; and extreme attention to detail, Plessner said.
The compensation package includes 401K and medical benefits, and the office environment includes an onsite gym. "Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates," she said.
For more information, contact Plessner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 949-900-6909.