In an editorial partnership with powersports recruiting firm Lonski and Associates, Dealernews presents the Job of the Week for June 10-13, 2013. For more information on this posting, contact www.henrylonski.com
INDIALANTIC, Fla. - Recruiters at Lonski and Associates are seeing candidates for an International Sales Director position based in Europe. Only candidates with "motorcycle DNA" will be considered, Lonski said.
In addition, candidates must have European motorcycle distribution and network experience, he noted.
The position is responsible for development and management of sales activities for motorcycles and associated PG&A outside of North America. The International Sales Director must:
- Attain and exceed sales objectives by developing and executing plans necessary to grow the company's powersports business outside of North America, including generating new accounts in Europe, Asia/Pacific, Australia and Latin America;
- Identify and prioritize the markets with the greatest potential for growth;
- Identify, screen and select distributor and dealer prospects, and then establish sales targets for them;
- Establish regular communications with distributors and dealers;
- Coordinate regularly with the company's Credit, Service Parts, Service and Warranty, Product Planning and other departments to achieve growth goals; and
- Advise and assist with plans to develop products and distribution strategies.
Candidates must have had success in starting and growing motorcycle distribution operations overseas and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of international distribution, market development and sales strategies for motorcycles. They must have experience dealing with diverse international cultures and convey a strong personal presence, Lonski said. Candidates should have experience living outside North America and/or their current location in Europe, he added.
The company is looking for candidates with a college degree in business management or marketing, with an MBA preferred, and who has at least 10 years of progressive motorcycle business experience (domestic and international). The ideal candidate will be "a highly metrics-driven and customer-focused leader with demonstrated success in implementing processes and procedures to drive quality and customer satisfaction," Lonski said. The company is seeking a strong leader with a "rolled-up sleeves" style to go deep into tactical details, he added.
For more information, contact Lonski at email@example.com.
Posted by Mary Slepicka