In partnership with powersports recruiting firm Lonski and Associates, Dealernews presents the job opening of the week for March 25-29.
INDIALANTIC, Fla. - Recruiters at Lonski and Associates announce an opening for a general manager of factory operations and/or an exhaust design engineer for an exhaust systems design and manufacturing company. The name of the company was not disclosed; however, the position is based in California.
Candidates would be responsible for ensuring employee conformance to quality systems and work standards. They also must demonstrate personal, hands-on experience in meeting customer expectations, and adhering to processes, procedures, safety standards and service metrics, according to Henry Lonski.
The GM-factory operations and/or exhaust design engineer will be directly responsible and accountable to lead and manage roughly 30 plant employees, Lonski said. Responsibilities include:
- Maximizing efficiency and ensuring preventive maintenance is completed;
- Auditing work processes and ensuring that all work teams and results meet customer and regulatory requirements;
- Scheduling inbound materials, labor, production and finished product deliveries based on sales demands, and confirming deliveries with customers regularly;
- Communicating effectively with the sales department, corporate personnel and customers, and relaying operational issues to additional management personnel on a timely basis
- Managing the quality of the product distributed, produced and sold, working directly with quality personnel for ISO compliance;
- Managing inventory levels to control cost and maintain efficient levels of product (the plant produces more than 150,000 units per year, according to Lonski);
- Managing shipping and freight costs;
- Managing safety of the facility and equipment, and ensuring a safe working environment;
- Hiring, training and evaluating personnel, and reporting any work-related accidents, injuries or "near misses" to the corporate safety department;
- Motivating plant personnel and maintaining a "high level of morality," and demonstrating/promoting positive customer relations; and
- Being financially accountable for overall plant profitability, including understanding key goals and using financial tools to achieve cost and profit targets.
The employer seeks candidates with Bachelor's degrees in operations or business management, at least seven years of previous factory operations management and/or exhaust design experience; working knowledge of Windchill and Pro E, plus PC and Open Systems software; working knowledge of budgeting and financial principles; HR skills; and leadership qualities.
For more information, contact Lonski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 321-952-2059.
Posted by Mary Slepicka