In an editorial partnership with powersports recruiting firm Lonski and Associates, Dealernews presents the Job of the Week for May 13-17, 2013.
INDIALANTIC, Fla. - A "high volume" Harley-Davidson dealership in the Pacific Northwest is looking to hire a MotorClothes manager, according to recruiters at Lonski and Associates.
"Our award-winning Harley-Davidson dealer client...is looking for an experienced MotorClothes manager who is energetic, enthusiastic and highly ambitious," said Jan Plessner, recruiter. "This position offers a solid base salary plus commission, with the potential to earn additional performance-based bonuses. A generous benefits package including 401K, health, vision and life insurance is also provided."
The MotorClothes manager coordinates sales promotions and advertising in addition to managing operations and the employees of the dealership's general merchandise department. The position requires solid general merchandise, management, customer service and supervisory skills, according to Plessner.
The dealership seeks candidates with at least two years' experience as Harley-Davidson MotorClothes managers in a high-volume environment, three to five years' experience in apparel and/or accessories, and a current driver's license (street motorcycle endorsement a plus). Candidates must pass a drug test and detailed background check, Plessner added.
Here's just a sampling of the many things a MotorClothes manager must do:
- Train and manage personnel
- Design and approve merchandising displays
- Manage ongoing and seasonal promotions
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast-moving, balanced inventory, possibly coordinating orders with the dealership's parts and accessories manager
- Maximize return on investment of general merchandise inventory
- Grow the volume of general merchandise sales
- Communicate regularly with Harley-Davidson Motor Co. on policies, product availability, product style options and new/future line studies
- Benchmark other retailers to determine best practice standards
- Organize and stage fashion shows and other events to sell merchandise
- Develop and report on monthly and annual objectives in collaboration with the dealer principal and/or general manager
- Interact with customers on a daily basis, in person and on the phone
- Establish work schedules, job assignments and sales quotas
- Hire, train and review all department personnel
Those interested should contact Plessner at 949-900-6909 or via email at email@example.com.