In an editorial partnership with recruiting firm Lonski and Associates, Dealernews presents the Job Opening of the Week for Sept. 30-Oct. 4, 2013.
INDIALANTIC, Fla. - Recruiters at Lonski and Associates announce an opening for a Director of Merchandising for a powersports apparel company which was not identified but is located in the Pacific Northwest.
"Our thriving client is looking for a director of merchandising who will lead a department in driving sales, growth and margin while supporting the brand objectives and understanding the customer," said recruiter Jan Plessner. "This position will be responsible for developing an annual and seasonal growth strategy based on detailed knowledge of the brand's objectives, an intimate knowledge of the customer and a broad understanding of the competitive market."
Candidates should hold a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline and/or five to 10 years of equivalent experience, Plessner said. Also, candidates must have at least three years' experience as a lead merchant in a specialty retail organization that focuses on both ecommerce and catalog sales, she noted.
The person hired will be responsible for building a long-term merchandising operation, developing and executing merchandising plans, and driving and managing new product launches.He or she will direct a team of merchants and will collaborate with design, marketing and other departments to ensure the brand image is executed consistently, Plessner noted.
In addition, the director will:
- Train and develop the merchandising team
- Manage merchant team operations, responsibilities and tools
- Lead competitive shopping and trend review efforts
- Develop and maintain pricing strategies
- Be responsible for developing the brand's Assortment Plan, ensuring the appropriate product mix and inventory levels
- Maximize conversion opportunities and drive execution of new products
- Develop and maintain site performance metrics, benchmarks and merchandising best practices, and facilitate a strong understanding of conversion and engagement metrics among the team members
- Summarize merchandising performance, and provide insight and recommendations weekly and monthly
- Develop email campaign plans with the company's marketing director, and work with the merchant team to develop seasonal promotions, events and products
- Analyze category, department and line-level traffic, sales and conversions
- Plan and communicate merchandising plans, site changes, new programs and products across the marketing, call center, retail store and design departments
Interested parties may contact Plessner at email@example.com or at 949-900-6909.
Posted by Mary Slepicka