Focusing on its own brands, including several new product lines, Lockhart Phillips USA has partnered with Direct 2 Manufacturer (D2M) to handle its sales and logistics in the U.S.
As explained in a previous article, D2M is a new company founded by former Tucker Rocky executives Tim Pritchard and Del Munoz. It operates similarly to a two-step distributor except that it never buys the inventory, instead acting as a facilitator for dealer-direct sales. So far, the only other vendor D2M has announced is KBC Helmets, though it says several more have signed up.
In announcing the change, LPUSA says it’s “very optimistic about the sportbike aftermarket business for 2011. With the recent economic challenges, LPUSA put a renewed focus on proprietary brands and has been very aggressive in new product development.”
Kyle Knight, LPUSA’s sales manager, says: “We have developed several new LPUSA brands that offer exceptional value, extremely competitive pricing and great dealer margins. We’ve also updated our corporate logo and redesigned much of our packaging to ensure a great look for stocking dealerships.”
Some of the new products include:
- FastGlass (fiberglass racing bodywork)
- Carbon Dynamics (carbon fiber parts)
- BikeBoltz (aluminum bolt kits that make “drab nuts dazzle with complete color-matched body kits”)
- SpeedClickers (on-the-fly adjustable lever sets, designed for OEM replacement)
- Bodydoubles (ABS fairing kits that bolt up to sportbikes just like OEM)
- Hot Sox (dual temperature tire warmers that easily install and remove using Velcro attachments and bungee cords on each side)
- BlueStreaks (HID kits designed for sportbikes “with a quicker and easier installation process providing 300 percent more rider visibility)
- Team GP (rear sets)
“With our huge leap in product development, we want to make sure we get our products into dealers quickly and efficiently,” says LPUSA president Wendell Phillips. “I’ve known Tim Pritchard, co-founder of D2M, for a long time and am excited about the new business model they’ve brought to the industry, and we look forward to working with them.”
See LPUSA’s new products at next month’s Dealer Expo in Indianapolis, or go to www.lockhartphillipsusa.com.
For more information on D2M, visit www.direct2mfg.com.
Posted by Arlo Redwine