CANTON, Mass. – LoJack Corp. has launched a digital dealer training website, The LoJack Learning Management System, featuring best practice modules for selling the stolen vehicle recovery system and tactics to increase customer satisfaction and sales.
LoJack consulted with F&I training expert Ron Reahard of Reahard & Associates to create a customizable platform for dealers and sales associates. Modules that can be completed at a participant's convenience, or dealers can combine the materials for a tailored training day. Users also can reference the material any time via a downloadable PDF guide.
"Dealers need to stay on the cutting edge of technology and part of that includes equipping their sales teams with the resources and programs that help close car sales," said LoJack president and CEO Randy L. Ortiz.
LoJack also has a mobile application to help dealers' sales teams illustrate the value of LoJack, explain the cost of theft and more. A consumer tab includes selling tools such as localized theft risk assessment modules, a product comparison grid and a theft cost calculator.
Additional resources available to participating LoJack dealers include:
- Toolkit of marketing and sales materials, including vehicle theft recovery stories and infographics detailing location-specific vehicle theft statistics;
- Design of a LoJack-specific landing page and banner for a dealer's website;
- Consumer mobile application, featuring such tools as a "Where I Parked" feature, a "Mobile Glove Box" and information in the event of a vehicle theft;
- Event planning and cross-promotional support; and
- Social media cross-promotional partnership.
Posted by Holly Wagner