A dozen Special Merit Awards were handed out last evening for excellence in specific retail categories.
- Community Involvement: J & L Harley-Davidson of Sioux Falls, S.D., won for its Hot Harley Nights events benefiting Make A Wish Foundation of South Dakota.
- Customer Service: Freedom Cycles of Grandview, Mo., was recognized for its customer seminar series.
- Best Dealer to Work For: Charlie’s Harley-Davidson of Huntington, W. Va., won the award for its efforts to foster growth and “upward mobility” for its employees.
- Best Display went to Off-Road Express West, for a Honda ATV holiday display deemed “an engineering feat.”
- The award for E-Commerce was given to Chaparral Motorsports of San Bernardino, Calif.
- Best Event: Ray Price Harley-Davidson and Triumph won for the 2012 Ray Price Capital City Bikefest presented by Nationwide Insurance, which drew more than 100,000 bikers to Raleigh.
- Best Store Exterior was awarded to Vandervest Harley-Davidson’s new store in Green Bay, Wis.
- A.D. Farrow Co. Harley-Davidson’s centennial campaigns took the awards for Best Print Media Campaign and Best Integrated Media Campaign.
- Best Promotion was awarded to First Coast Powersports of St. Augustine, Fla., for its giveaway of a custom-built motorcycle themed for the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team.
- The award for Service Department Excellence went to Barney’s of Brandon, in Brandon, Fla.
- Finally, Best Use of Space was awarded to Ducati Triumph of Newport Beach in Costa Mesa, Calif.
The award winners will be revealed at the Top 100 Gallery today and will be showcased throughout Dealer Expo weekend. The winners also will be profiled in the March issue of Dealernews, and in March on www.dealernews.com.