Mechanic suffers burns in Maine shop fire

admin

A man who was working on an ATV suffered burns to his hands, arms and legs after a fire broke out Tuesday at RVI powersports shop in Bath, Maine.

"When we got here, the man was burnt," Bath Fire Chief Steve Hinds told WLBZ. "He was out here on the corner. There was fire showing in the rear of the structure, the side of the structure and out through the front windows."

Firefighters from four towns doused the blaze and kept it from spreading throughout the business. Investigators are still working to determine exactly what sparked the fire, but they believe it started in the ATV the man was working on and spread rapidly throughout the showroom.

Posted by Holly Wagner

Like Dealernews’ Facebook page: