Santa Clara, Calif.-based Mizer Motor Works Inc. (MMW) will begin distributing two trike models in the spring. The Mojo (shown) is a 250cc V-twin. The TC-III is a step-through model that uses a liquid-cooled 260cc single-cylinder engine that the company says makes up to 17 hp.
Robert Sanders, MMW’s CEO and founder, says the company wanted to offer a safer alternative for commuters and people who were concerned about safety. “The No. 1 reason people don’t ride motorcycles is they feel they’re too dangerous,” Sanders says. “We found a way to eliminate these concerns. MMW’s products have been in development for more than five years. Our focus has always been on rider safety, without sacrificing the fun and excitement of riding a two-wheel motorcycle.”
Both models offer the following safety features:
• A three-point triangular wheel base design and low center of gravity that offers greater stability than two-wheel bikes, especially when cornering, braking or maneuvering on wet highways
• A patented limited-slip differential that allows the rear wheels to rotate at different speeds during turns, preventing tip-overs
• A custom frame design with independent suspension using high-performance shocks and wide-track suspension
• Engine design with CVT or five-speed transmission
• An all-wheel hydraulic brake system
The Mojo will have a base retail price of about $7,900. The TC-III will retail for about $7,500. Prices in California will be slightly higher to cover CARB compliance. The trikes will be sold and maintained through established dealer networks.
Contact: Mizer Motor Works Inc., 408-954-1600, www.mizermw.com