Motorcycle Superstore E-Mails Personalized Product Suggestions to Customers

Publish Date: 
Oct 1, 2009

ACCORDING TO Internet Retailer, Motorcycle Superstore saw a 21.7 percent increase in online sales in just one week after launching a new e-mail campaign in which it recommends specific products to specific customers.

To create the recommendations, Motorcycle Superstore reportedly uses third-party software to gather customer habits over the previous two weeks. The company sent the personalized messages to 10 percent of customers on its active e-mail list. The other 90 percent received more generic e-mails, the article notes.

See the article for the specific vendors the company used.

Oregon-based Motorcycle Superstore generated $43 million in online revenue in 2008, according to Internet Retailer’s 2009 Top 500 Guide.