Motorcycle-Superstore.com has signed on to be the title sponsor of the Women's Motocross Championship (WMX) for the 2011 season, MX Sports Pro Racing announced today.
As the headline class sponsor, Motorcycle-Superstore.com will also offer Holeshot Award checks for each WMX moto.
"Professional Women's motocross is breaking through the glass ceiling, especially now with the support some of the top riders are receiving through the factory teams," explained Sequoyah Munroe, marketing supervisor at Motorcycle-Superstore.com. "Our goal is to help increase the exposure of women's motocross by supporting the series, the riders and their fans."
The 2011 WMX Series kicks off May 21 at the Rockstar Energy Hangtown Classic in Rancho Cordova, Calif. Reigning series champion Jessica Patterson and the DNA Shred Stix/Star Racing Yamaha team lead a list of talented women racers, including Ashley Fiolek, Tarah Gieger, Vicki Golden and Mariana Balbi, MX Sports said.
"The WMX Class continues to grow each season," said MX Sports Vice President Davey Coombs. "Over the last three seasons, the quality of racing and the depth of talent has increased to the point where the Motorcycle-Superstore.com Women's Motocross Championship has clearly emerged as the world's premier series for women riders."
Here's the 2011 Motorcycle-Superstore.com WMX Schedule:
- May 21 Rockstar Energy Hangtown Classic, Rancho Cordova, Calif.
- May 28 Rockstar Energy Freestone National, Wortham, Texas
- June 25 Thunder Valley National, Lakewood, Colo.
- July 2 Rockstar Energy RedBud National, Buchanan, Mich.
- July 16 Spring Creek National, Millville, Minn.
- Aug. 27 Rockstar Energy Southwick National, Southwick, Mass.
- Sept. 3 Steel City National, Delmont, Pa.
- Sept. 10 Pala National, Pala, Calif.
From a press release. Posted by Mary Slepicka