MONTEREY, Calif. - Motus revealed its 2014 MST production bikes July 19 the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and announced the "comfortable American sportbikes" are ready to be ordered by consumers for dealer delivery this fall.
Motus's next stop: July 26 at Freedom Cycle in Reno, Nev.
Motus has 15 dealers in the United States; the company said it plans to increase the dealer counts in Southern California, the Midwest and the Northeast. (Dealer list provided at end of article.)
The V4 MST and MST-R motorcycles, made in Alabama, are powered by an MV4 Baby Block engine and feature a lightweight chassis and race-spec components that allow the bike to offer performance with comfort on longer rides, according to the company.
"We wanted the Motus to offer an unparalleled experience from 20 to 90 mph, where we do almost all our riding," said Brian Case, co-founder and director of design. "With a quick sprocket change, the MSTs are geared for 204 mph top speed, but the focus has been on making massive torque in a usable street range from 2,500 rpm to 7,500 rpm. We also built in a sensible riding position, adjustable windscreen and controls, and other accommodations for longer rides."
MSRP starts at $30,975. Standard equipment includes:
- 1650cc liquid cooled V4, 180 bhp, 120 ft. lbs.
- Six speed dual overdrive
- Electronic throttle control
- TFT color LCD instrument panel
- 720w alternator
- Ohlins NIX adjustable front suspension and TTX mono-shock rear suspension with remote preload adjuster
- Brembo M4 monoblock calipers
- BST carbon fiber wheels
- Three Powerlet ports
- Removable side cases
- Premium Sargent seat
- 20,000-mile XW-ring chain from RK Excel
- Hybrid rear sprocket with lifetime warranty
- Adjustable windscreen and handlebars
Optional equipment includes a 30 L top case with rear deck, mid and full-tour windscreen, heated seats and grips, and a low Sargent seat.
Dealers carrying the Motus line include:
- AF1 Racing, Austin, Texas
- Battley Cycles, Gaithersburg, Md.
- BMW/Motus Motorcycles of Pensacola, Fla.
- California Speed Sports, Livermore, Calif.
- Cruisin 66, Springfield, Mo.
- European Motorsports at Riders Hill, Dahlonega, Ga.
- Freedom Cycle, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Freedom Cycle, Reno, Nev.
- Hinshaw's Motorcycle Store, Auburn, Wash.
- Martin Motorsports, Boyertown, Pa.
- Moon Motorsports, Monticello, Minn.
- Moto Corse Performance, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Motus Louisville, Ky.
- Redline Performance Motorsports, Yorktown, Va.
- RPM Cycle, Farmers Branch, Texas
Press images courtesy Motus