THAT BIKE RIGHT THERE is the new MV Agusta Brutale 800, the new three-cylinder hot rod fresh from Italy.
(Click here to go to our Facebook page and see a gallery of images of the new Brutale 800.)
Based on the Brutale 675, the 800 is packed with advanced electronics like eight-way traction control and push-button engine mapping, fully adjustable front/rear suspension, and a motor that produces 125hp @ 11,600rpm and 60 lb/ft at 8,600 rpm.
Here's a quick listing of the Brutale 800's main features:
- Three-cylinder in-line engine with counter-rotating crankshaft
- Technology MVICS (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System)
- Traction control adjustable on 8 levels
- Frame structure mixed steel trellis and aluminium plates for high torsional rigidity
- Single-sided swingarm with adjustable rear shock absorber
- Upside down adjustable 43mm front fork
- Racing Brembo radial front calipers
The Brutale 800 is available in four color combinations: ruby metallic red/silver, white/mamba red, matt metallic grey/pearl white and white/blue pearl "Italia."
No dollar figures, but MV Agusta's euro pricing comes in at 9,900 euros. It's also available with electronically-assisted shift at 10,390 euros. The Italia model, with EAS as standard, costs 10,990 euros.
Posted by Dennis Johnson