SANTA MONICA, Calif. - The Advanstar Powersports Group announces the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo will be held Dec. 5-7, 2014, at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill.
"I welcome the Dealer Expo and their global community here to Illinois, the heart of the nation," Ill. Gov. Pat Quinn said. "Our easy access to the rest of the world and our second-to-none city of Chicago made Illinois the right choice for the powersports industry's largest annual show. We are proud to host Dealer Expo in 2014 and look forward to exceeding the business and hospitality needs of all who attend."
The annual Dealer Expo, founded by Dealernews in 1966, is North America's largest powersports business-to-business event. Dealer Expo expands from its longtime home in Indianapolis to the larger McCormick Place venue in downtown Chicago to deliver more products, more training, more networking and more excitement to the powersports industry’s annual gathering, show management stated.
The 2014 Dealer Expo will offer:
- A dedicated focus on new products that will include an expansive showcase, a web app, product demos, and a catalog to provide buyers with a comprehensive guide to the industry’s new product offerings, management said.
- A bigger venue in the nation’s third-largest city, an international destination hub that is also within easy reach of more than 80 percent of U.S. powersports retailers.
- Affordability – for attendees and exhibitors, with a wide range of hotel options and straightforward, practical exhibit packages.
- An educational symposium featuring professional training from not one but several respected organizations.
- Late year timing – aligned with the dealers’ need to make prime buying decisions in the fourth quarter for the coming season.
- And a host of networking events and features.
'WE WANTED EVERYONE'S INVOLVEMENT'
The blueprint for the 2014 Dealer Expo was developed after months of research, polling and one-to-one conversations with retailers, manufacturers and distributors.
“We wanted everyone’s involvement on how to evolve Dealer Expo from your typical trade show to an all-new, must-attend industry event,” said Tracy Harris, senior vice president of Advanstar’s Powersports Group, which manages Dealer Expo, Dealernews and the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows.
To grow as an event and to fuel sales, industry segments agreed the show had to move to a bigger market and realign with the buying cycle of the dealer network, Harris said.
“The responses we received centered on location, timing and content. We knew then that we had to move to a bigger market, change the dates of the show to better align with dealer ordering decisions, and bring more vibrancy into the event,” Harris added. (continued)