SANTA MONICA, Calif. - The Progressive International Motorcycle Shows will visit 13 cities during its 2012-2013 tour, including new venues in Atlanta and Indianapolis.
The tour will kick off Nov. 2-4 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, and will run through 11 states and the District of Columbia before concluding in Charlotte, N.C. in late February 2013.
The tour will descend upon Indianapolis in mid-February. The show will be held in the massive Lucas Oil Stadium, alongside the trade-only Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo at the adjacent Indiana Convention Center. This means downtown Indianapolis will host not only the majority of the powersports industry and retailing sector for its annual conclave, but also tens of thousands of drive-in (or ride-in, depending on weather) consumers during the weekend of Feb. 15-17.
"It's a perfect fit for a market we’ve served for the last 44 years and a great way to bring the industry, dealers and riders together,” said Advanstar Executive Vice President Danny Phillips. “Our goal in developing one, single powersports weekend was to make sure we listened carefully to our customers, so that we created the right format, in the right city, at the right price and built the combined trade and consumer industry event they wanted.”
Here's the schedule for the 2012-13 tour of the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows:
- ATLANTA - Nov. 2-4 @ Cobb Galleria Centre
- DALLAS - Nov. 9-11 @ Dallas Convention Center
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - Nov. 16-18 @ San Mateo County Event Center in San Mateo
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - Dec. 7-9 @ Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach
- SEATTLE - Dec. 14-16 @ Washington State Convention Center
- WASHINGTON DC - Jan. 4-6 @ Washington Convention Center
- MINNEAPOLIS - Jan. 11-13 @ Minneapolis Convention Center
- NEW YORK - Jan. 18-20 @ Jacob Javits Convention Center in Manhattan
- OHIO - Jan. 25-27 @ I-X Center in Cleveland
- MICHIGAN - Feb. 1-3 @ Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi
- CHICAGO - Feb. 8-10 @ Donald J. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont
- INDIANAPOLIS - Feb. 15-17 @ Lucas Oil Stadium
- CHARLOTTE - Feb. 22-24 @ Charlotte Convention Center
For more information, including exhibitors and show features, visit www.motorcycleshows.com. The Progressive International Motorcycle Shows are produced by Advanstar, parent of Dealernews.