The Progressive International Motorcycle Shows will kick off in mid-November in California and roll through 11 cities before concluding at next year's Daytona Bike Week.
In announcing the 2011-2012 tour schedule, organizers said they are working on bringing in more manufacturers and providing an even-more engaging experience for the widest audience of powersports enthusiasts in the United States. The tour will provide more features that "connect" riders with products and services that support their riding lifestyles, and new interactive entertainment and educational experiences designed for all types of enthusiasts and their families.
"This year will see an emergence of additional OEMs, bike models and brands. Plus, with a number of innovative new features, this tour will be our most interactive yet," added Kerry Graeber, brand director at Advanstar.
What's different this year? For starters, the tour has "switched Carolinas," swapping a previous stop in Greenville, S.C., in favor of Charlotte, N.C. And the tour has cemented its commitment to Daytona Bike Week by returning to Ocean Center in Daytona Beach during the big spring rally. For the enthusiasts in the Pacific Northwest, the Seattle show has a new home in the Washington State Convention Center.
"The 2011-2012 tour cities chosen [see below for list] represent the most motorcycle-dense populations in the United States, reaching 75 percent of the nation's motorcycle enthusiasts," reported Advanstar Communications, organizer of the motorcycle shows (and parent of Dealernews).
The tour will kick off in mid-November in San Mateo, Calif., south of the Bay Area, before jogging east to Texas and then right back to California for the big Long Beach exposition. Media Days are scheduled for Long Beach, New York and Chicago.
Here are the dates for the 2011-2012 tour.
- Nov. 18-20, 2011 – San Mateo, CA: San Mateo County Event Center
- Dec. 2-4, 2011 – Dallas, TX: Dallas Convention Center
- Dec. 9-11, 2011 – Long Beach, CA: Long Beach Convention Center
- Dec. 16-18, 2011 – Seattle, WA: Washington State Convention Center
- Jan. 6-8, 2012 – Novi, MI: Suburban Collection Showplace
- Jan. 13-15, 2012 – Washington, DC: Washington Convention Center
- Jan. 20-22, 2012 – New York, NY: Jacob K. Javits Center
- Jan. 27-29, 2012 – Cleveland, OH: I-X Center
- Feb. 3-5, 2012 – Minneapolis, MN: Minneapolis Convention Center
- Feb. 10-12, 2012 – Chicago, IL: Donald J. Stephens Convention Center (Rosemont, IL)
- Feb. 24-26, 2012 – Charlotte, NC: Charlotte Convention Center
- March 14-17, 2012 - Daytona Beach, FL: Ocean Center
For more information, visit www.motorcycleshows.com
Posted by Mary Slepicka