The following comments were submitted by Suzuki franchised dealerships in the Q1 2014 Dealer Sentiment Index research study, produced by Baird Research and Dealernews.
- Suzuki needs new product to create excitement and interest for their brand again.
- We need new and exciting product to make Suzuki viable again. It is hard to sell the same old, same old models.
- We need some new product! The new DL1000 has people asking, but units are not in the store yet. The ATV lineup is stale and not price-competitive based on age and features. The “zero percent along with customer cash” [promotion] helped move some noncurrent sportbikes in March.
- Scooters are slow. I am loaded with AN400 and AN650 models; possibly a 1.5- to two-year supply.
- Suzuki has been pretty flexible and not jamming product into dealers. We need some fresh product to rekindle that Suzuki excitement.
- ATV sales are poor, yet Suzuki had the best race quad on the market (LT-R450), so great we have calls all the time for new ones, but where are they? “Not in the lineup.” Ask Suzuki why – no answer. Suzuki dealers are a hurting bunch, and Suzuki can’t seem to understand that a unit they have had (last year available was 2009) has lots of demand. Bring it back!