NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler and Supercross legend Ricky Carmichael will be among the celebrities attending the fifth stop of the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows Tour, Dec. 13-15 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
Attendees will revel in hundreds of North American motorcycle models from the world’s leading manufacturers, including BMW, BRP|Can-Am, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Royal Enfield, Star, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha, and Zero, as well as the latest in aftermarket parts and accessories from top brands.
For seasoned veterans to casual fans, the New York Motorcycle Show is the ultimate destination to experience powersports culture, talk with brand and industry experts, shop the marketplace, and check out the newest models. The New York Motorcycle Show will also play host to several new model announcements from manufacturers.
“We are extremely excited to bring the show back to New York during the holiday season,” said Tracy Harris, senior vice president, Powersports Group. “Every level of riding enthusiast can find something here – we have all latest new model releases from manufacturers, an even better custom bike show, a wide-variety of products to shop, as well as a full schedule of interactive learning and entertainment options.”
Progressive also offers a newly designed consumer experience paying homage the motorcycle lifestyle. The Progressive Garage is the ultimate motorcycle enthusiast’s garage.
All local bike builders are invited to enter the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Contest. It’s a chance to compete for nearly $90,000 in prizes at each of the 12 stops on the tour. Builders may enter any or all five builder classes: Freestyle, Modified Harley-Davidson, Modified Street, Retro Mod and Performance Custom. Contact Bob Kay at 817-312-0380 for more information.
Features and special appearances that will fill the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center with excitement throughout the weekend include:
- “Black Hawk Down” Custom Motorcycle -- Dirico Motorcycles USA will be unveiling this one-of-a-kind custom designed motorcycle with retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Danny R. McKnight, one of the veterans portrayed in the book and movie. The motorcycle will also be sold at the upcoming Barrett-Jackson Auction with all proceeds going to the Veteran’s Count and Easter Seals Foundations. Active military and veterans will also receive a special discount on admission by entering the code MILITARY when buying tickets online or by bringing a military ID to the show.
- Steven Tyler “Paparazzi” Painting -- Rock 'n' roll icon Steven Tyler will be a featured guest at the show Dec. 14, as famed motorcycle artist David Uhl dedicates a new painting called “Paparazzi” to Tyler.
- School of Rock – New on tour this year, Progressive and the School of Rock are teaming up to bring attendees the perfect mix of music and motorcycles. All-star performers and graduates from the School of Rock will take center-stage with live performances throughout the weekend.
- ‘Race America’ Slot Bike Track -- A handcrafted, one-of-a-kind motorcycle race across America’s most iconic landscapes, where you can challenge fellow bikers to a head-to-head race and win the chance to play the SurPRIZE Machine.
- XDL Stunt Show – The XDL Street Jam is a competition-themed demonstration of motorcycle skill performed by the top athletes from the XDL Championship Series. The XDL Street Jam will also feature plenty of audience interaction, motorcycle trivia challenges and some free gifts.
- Vintage Club Displays – Motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to look into the past with this special display showcasing retro bikes, courtesy of local vintage motorcycle clubs.
- Ultimate Powersports Giveaways – Attendees will enter to win at each tour stop with the chance to win one of five grand prizes that include Suzuki and Triumph motorcycles and Yamaha watercrafts. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the tour in March 2014.
- Celebrity Appearances -- Supercross legends Ricky Carmichael and Jeff Emig will be dropping by at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Friday for interviews and autograph sessions. Custom bike builder Dave Perewitz and his daughter Jody, the current Bonneville Salt Flats record holders, will also be signing autographs and meeting with fans throughout the weekend.
Free motorcycle parking will be available for all riders who ride their motorcycles to the show. In addition, riders will be invited to check helmets, jackets and other gear at the show’s main entrance to free their hands and enjoy the new show experience.
The New York Progressive International Motorcycle Show will be open to the public from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission to the event is $18 for adults and $6 for children ages6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. Sunday is Family Day, when all children 12 and under are free when accompanied by a paying adult. For more information, call 800-331-5706 or visit www.motorcycleshows.com.