STURGIS, S.D. -- The J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show, produced by the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows, returns to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in August.
The competition will be held Aug. 6 on Fourth Street near the Sturgis Community Center.
“As the world shrinks through modern communication technology the [International Motorcycle Shows] is the only venue that still offers the upfront, hands-on view of what's happening throughout the motorcycle industry,” said competition manager Bob Kay. “The UBCBS in Sturgis presents an opportunity to remind this huge motorcycle audience of where to go in their local markets for the latest scoop.”
Sign up is from 9 a.m. to noon. Registrants can enter online.
Judging from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. will be conducted by builders in other bike classes and guest industry VIP judges.
Awards will be given out at 4:30 p.m. Prizes this year will be parts and merchandise equaling a cash value
- The winner of the Freestyle class will get $2,000 in prizes from Belt Drives,
- The Modified Street winner will receive $1,000 in prizes from Performance Machine,
- The Retro Modified winner will get $1,000 in prizes from Arlen Ness, and
- The winner of the Modified Harley class will get $1,000 from Rinehart Racing.
- New this year is a Radical Bagger class, in which the winner will receive $1,500 in prizes from Fat Baggers.
“The Ultimate Builder Bike Show in Sturgis carries on a tradition of showcasing custom bike builders from around the country representing a broadest range of craftsmanship, style and innovation to largest gathering of bikers in the world,” Kay said. “Our classes are based on platforms rather than style, which pushes the builders to focus on their personal interpretation of custom rather than current trends."
For more information, call Kay at 817-312-0380.