“It’s imperative that we continue to increase the strength of our sales team as we continue to grow as a company and expand into to new markets,” stated WPS national sales manager Doug Riipinen in a press release announcing the new and recent hires. “In the last year, our product offerings have grown tremendously, with such new brands as Pirelli, Two Brothers Racing, Asterisk, Spidi, and Dragon Alliance coming on board—not to mention the consumer demand and success of our Fly Racing line. It’s only natural that we continue to add good people to our sales force in order to maintain our momentum.”
In the last six months, WPS has bolstered its outside and inside sales positions, hired a new Great Lakes regional sales manager and recruited an industry veteran for Fly Racing.
New hires include:
- Bob Lowry, Fly Racing national sales manager - Lowry has 37 years of powersports industry experience, the last 15 spent as national sales manager for Scott USA.
- Jared Chonko, Great Lakes regional sales manager – Chonko most recently was the P&A sales manager for KTM North America. His territory includes Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee.
- Mark Burkhart, outside sales for Ohio – Burkhart is a former AMA and X-Games Supermoto champion
- T.J. Hanes, outside sales for California – This former PWC racer recently moved to Santa Cruz, Calif., after managing Lost River Powersports in Bowling Green, Ky.
- Rob Rowles, outside sales for Michigan – Rowles worked for several dealers in the Detroit metro area. An active road racer, Rowles is a track day coach and strong supporter of motorcyclist rights in Michigan.
- Pat Doran, outside sales for Illinois –Doran brings more than 22 years of product management experience, with the last seven years as product manager of the motorcycle division at JC Whitney.
- Chris Colosimo, outside sales for New York – Colosimo is a former sales manager at a Honda Powerhouse dealership in western New York.
- George Vuckovich, outside sales for Illinois and Wisconsin – Vuckovich comes to WPS after 16 years at Fox Racing, the last four as an employee representative.
- Matthew Houy, outside sales for Pennsylvania – Houy comes to WPS from West Hills Honda of Pittsburgh. He has raced motorcycles, ATVs and PWC for more than 16 years.
- Ed Coker, outside sales for Texas – Coker has been managing a dealership for the last six years.
- Brandon “Bubba” Johnson, outside sales for Missouri – Johnson formerly served in WPS' inside sales operation.
Inside sales hires include Lisa Labit, Mark Smith and racer Tish Powell. Powell drag and road races, rides dirtbikes, surf rides her SXR800 stand-up Jet Ski and was the first female to obtain a NHRA streetbike license in Idaho.
Western Power Sports will hold its annual sales meeting next month in Boise, Idaho. Watch for news direct from the meeting at www.dealernews.com and in the DealerNEWS ALERT e-newsletters.
Posted by Mary Slepicka