Yamaha makes over an old favorite by introducing the 2012 Zuma 50F. The model hits showroom floors in September and will retail for $2,540 in three colors: Raven, Team Yamaha Blue/White and Alpine White.
Key features, according to Yamaha:
- Tough yet sporty four-stroke 49cc scooter makes going places fun, even commuting to work or school.
- Fuel injection provides smooth, seamless power — and nearly instantaneous starts.
- Sharp new styling and twin headlights update the original “tough, off-road” image of the Zuma 50F.
- Fat tires give Zuma 50F that “go anywhere” look.
- Open and roomy ride for two atop the Zuma 50F’s stepped seat, along with lots of locking storage underneath it, with added conveniences like an inner pocket and foldout hook.
- The Zuma 50F achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 132 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 1.2 gallons of gas.
Yamaha’s engine descriptions:
- Liquid-cooled three-valve, four-stroke engine is powerful, quiet and low-maintenance.
- Electronic fuel injection with 19 mm throttle body provides optimal mixture in all conditions as well as easy cold starts.
- Fully automatic V-belt transmission provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
- Pushbutton electric starting gives ultimate ease of operation.
- The air-induction system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce air pollution.
Yamaha’s chassis/suspension descriptions:
- Large-gauge steel pipe frame offers strength and rigidity.
- Fuel tank positioned low in the center tunnel provides centralized mass and extra convenience — the tank can be refueled without opening the seat, unlike many scooters.
- Wave-shaped 180 mm front disc brake and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power. The front brake caliper is accented with red paint for a high-tech look.
- Large-diameter, 42 mm outer tubes on the front forks enhance to the beefy image.
- 120 mm diameter fat tires front and rear are designed for impressive look with strong-grip pattern.
- Wide, bar-type handlebars emphasize the tough, off-road styling and also make it possible to use accessory bars for a custom look.
- The sturdy rear cargo rack includes an integrated grab bar.
- The under-seat trunk is large enough to hold an XL full-face helmet, etc. (23-liter capacity).
- Two-level seat provides a relaxed sitting position for both rider and passenger.
- Turn signals are equipped with clear lenses for a sleek look.
- Twin headlight design maintains the unmistakable Zuma 50F visual identity.
- Distinctive red accents add style.
Posted by Arlo Redwine