FOOTHILL RANCH, CA – Kawasaki is recalling KFX50 youth ATVs from the 2013-17 model years, and KFX90 youth ATVs from the 2012-17 model years, because the fuel tap can leak, posing a fire hazard.
The company said it received 18 reports of fuel leakage from the fuel tap. No injuries were reported.
The recall affects about 15,000 units, sold at Kawasaki Dealers from October 2011 through May 2017. The units were manufactured in Taiwan.
The recall began Aug. 10 The Consumer Product Safety Commission’s number for this recall, which was initiated voluntarily by Kawasaki under CPSC’s fast track program, is 17-204.
Affected models and VIN ranges are as follows:
- Model Year 2013: RGSWA04A8DB100101 – RGSWA04A3DB800110
- Model Year 2014: RGSWA04A6EB100101 – RGSWA04A1EB800110
- Model Year 2015: RGSWA04A4FB100101 – RGSWA04A3FBA00106
- Model Year 2016: RGSWA04A2GB100101 – RGSWA04A6GBA00120
- Model Year 2017: RGSWA04A0HB100101 – RGSWA04AXHB800112 and RGSWA04A4HB180101 – RGSWA04A7HB180352
- Model Year 2012: RGSWE07AXCB100101 – RGSWE07A1CB100827
- Model Year 2013: RGSWE07A8DB100101 – RGSWE07A3DB800110
- Model Year 2014: RGSWE07A6EB100101 – RGSWE07A7EB800130
- Model Year 2015: RGSWE07A4FB100101 – RGSWE07A0FB500110
- Model Year 2016: RGSWE07A2GB100101 – RGSWE07A8GB800110
- Model Year 2017: RGSWE07A9HBC10101 – RGSWE07A2HBC11171 and RGSWE07A0HBD20101 – RGSWE07A6HBD20166